APPLICATIONS OF FUME HOOD
- "TANCO" Fume Hoods are designed to function as an enclosed
ventilated workspace- can provide a substantial degree of protection for
- It is designed so as to throw-out all toxic harmful vapour,
acidic/alkaline fumes, chemical vapors, removal of odour etc from the
hood working area, thus protecting costly instruments and the person
working in the lab.
SALIENT FEATURES & CONSTRUCTION OF FUME HOOD
- Low Cost.
- Low Noise.
- User Friendly Ergonomic Design.
- Generates a negative pressure inside the hood thus facilitating
removal of all contaminants from the works area, into the atmosphere.
- Basic material is thick board wood front back top and exterior
surfaces are covered with Formica. OR Cold rolled steel duly powder
coated OR Stainless Steel (SS-304) (as ordered).
- All interior surfaces are sealed and checked for leakage.
- Work table is made of Stainless Steel (SS-304) and is fitted with a
small S.S. sink with water tap connections.
- Working area is illuminated by fluroescent lighting fitted to the
- The front door moves vertically up and down with concealed counter
- The blower and motor assembly is statically and dynamically balanced &
operates with minimum noise level.
- Height of the working table provides comfortable "SIT DOWN"
working position for the operator.
- The front facing panel is fitted with 15/5 Amp socket with switches
for exhaust system and fluorescent light.
- Supplied complete with cord & plug to work on Single Phase 220 /
230 volts A.C. supply.